Posting another person’s private and confidential information is a violation of the Wildfire Community Guidelines.
Some examples of private and confidential information include:
- credit card information
- social security or other national identity numbers
- addresses or locations that are considered and treated as private
- non-public, personal phone numbers
- non-public, personal email addresses
- images or videos that are considered and treated as private under applicable laws
- intimate photos or videos that were taken or distributed without the subject’s consent
Keep in mind that although you may consider certain information to be private, not all postings of such information may be a violation of this policy. We may consider the context and nature of the information posted, local privacy laws, and other case-specific facts when determining if this policy has been violated. For example, if information was previously posted or displayed elsewhere on the Internet prior to being put on Wildfire, it may not be a violation of this policy.